A Favourite of the World, Mango is one of those fruits that breaks down boundaries.
Fun Facts about Mango:
- Mangos are one of the most popular fruit in the World
- Mangos were first grown in India over 5,000 years ago
- Mango seeds traveled with humans from Asia to the Middle East, East Africa and South America beginning around 300 or 400 A.D.
- The paisley pattern, developed in India, is based on the shape of a mango
- Legend says that Buddha meditated under the cool shade of a mango tree
- Mangos are related to cashews and pistachios
- A mango tree can grow as tall as 100 feet
- The bark, leaves, skin and pit of the mango have been used in folk remedies for centuries
And our favourite fact:
- A basket of mangos is considered a gesture of friendship in India
This just makes us think that Mangoes exist in the World as a common bond just so that we can make new friends and keep old ones close.
Spread the Love with a little mango!
Freshen up your menu at your coffee shop with this tropical fruit.
New this Summer: Mango (Green) Iced Tea
Check it out Click Here